Monday, June 23, 2008

Bisous, Ciao!!!

Eurail pass: check. Passport: check. Purell hand sanitizer: check. This should be my last post before Europe, barring a shocker on The Bachelorette tonight that would require commenting. I will usually write my entries on the train, and then post them when I get to an internet connection. As some trips may be long, or internet may be hard to come by, I may have multiple entries in one post. Also, I hope to have music with each entry for you to listen to while you read. I'll just post a YouTube video, but don't watch it, it's just there for the music. Of course, my choices will be applicable to the areas I'm visiting. I'm still not sure what to do for Amsterdam as I don't know any Dutch composers, anyone?

In case you forgot when I will be where, check my Exodus post below. My only amendment thus far is that I'll be in Geneva on Friday, not Murren since I'll be exhausted and probably not up for the train ride on the same day as a 12 hour flight. Anyway, my next post will be from Europe!!!

Oh, I almost forgot, here's the music for this post:



PS- I found my old In-N-Out shirt, the one I wore when I worked there. Tomorrow I'll go get a paper hat and wear the whole combo (with white pants, red apron) for the running of the bulls. I'll still fit in with the colors, but add a little California flare to the mix. Sort of reminiscent of the scene in Space Balls when all sorts of people are running for the escape hatches before the ship explodes.

2 comments:

laura said...

Haaahahaha when I read that you were doing music in each post I was like, "Oh please, let this be The Final Countdown." Awesome.

Also, might I suggest "Amsterdam" by Guster? With the hopefully-not-applicable lyric, "Are you getting somewhere/Or did you get lost in Amsterdam?"

Bon voyage!

Anonymous said...

For The Netherlands, you could go with "Radar Love" by Golden Earring. They're from The Hague, but it's close enough to Amsterdam.